Svarnim Puducherry is a multi-dimensional initiative of Sri Aurobindo Society which aims to initiate and take forward a new course of growth in Puducherry, and subsequently across India.
It is conceived as Society’s offering on the momentous event of India’s 75th Independence Day on August 15, 2022, which is also the 150th Birth Anniversary of Sri Aurobindo, one of the most eminent architects of India’s independence and of human evolution.
In principle, Svarnim Puducherry is an aspiration to building Puducherry as a model state, carrying the spirit and consciousness of true India in its foundation. In concept, design, and implementation of each of its components, Svarnim Puducherry, as an initiative, aims to express – a pursuit for perfection, beauty, unity and creativity, and a realization of the highest of all human values.
Our envisioned Svarnim Puducherry is an inclusive dynamic, progressive, prosperous, beautiful, harmonious, happy and compassionate state.
Proposed Activities of Svarnim Puducherry
Svarnim Puducherry will strive to create Centres of Excellence in the fields of Education, Research, Healthcare, Wellness, Rural Development, Livelihood, Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Science and Technology, Sustainable Development, Sustainable Agriculture, Environment, Youth and Women empowerment, Child Development, Inclusion, Sports, Leadership, Governance and Administration.
Following are the major dimensions of Svarnim Puducherry
- Sustainable Economic Growth
- Sustainable Development of Villages
- Transforming Agriculture & Livelihood Practices
- Development of Resilient and Sustainable Cities
- Sustainable & Ethical Business Practice and Governance
- Social Transformation
- Integral Education and Skill Development
- Women and Youth Empowerment
- Disability Inclusion
- Integral Health and Wellbeing
- Promoting Innovation and Scientific Research
- Sustainable Lifestyle
- Preserving and Restoring Natural Resources and Environment
- Cultural Integration
- Inclusive Indian culture in cities and villages
- Promoting Art, Music, Literature, and Cinema
- Promoting Sports Activities
- Spirituality in Life
- Awareness of key tenets of the eternal essence of Spirituality
- Dynamic Application of True Spirituality in Individual Life, and in the Collective Society
- Integral Approach to Life
- Spirituality beyond boundaries of religion, caste, creed, gender or any other distinctions