Sri Aurobindo Foundation for Indian Culture (SAFIC) announces its second-level Sanskrit Intensive Course to be held in Puducherry from May 20 to 25, 2019. The course is open to all those who have already attended the Level I of SPANDANA and all those who have a background of Sanskrit and would like to widen their understanding.
The course will have the following sessions:
- Spoken Sanskrit: Daily one session of 1.5 hours each for five days.
- Introduction to the Basics of Sanskrit Grammar: Four sessions of 1.5 hours each.
- Chanting and Singing of Sanskrit Mantras, Shlokas and Songs: Daily one session of 1 hour for five days.
- Storytelling, Dialogues and Nursery Rhymes: Two sessions of 1.5 hours each.
- Introduction to Sanskrit Chandas or Metres: One session of 1.5 hours.
- Activities: Three sessions of 1.5 hours each.
- Introduction to the Treasure Troves of Sanskrit: Five sessions are dedicated to introduce the Vedas, Upanishads, Ramayana and Mahabharata, Kalidasa, Bhartrihari and other classical poets, and Panini, the architect of Sanskrit grammar.
- Subhashitas: This session aims at explaining the nature of Subhashitas, the history of Subhashita literature, the teachings contained in the Subhashitas, and examples from various Subhashita literature.
Workshop Venue: Sri Aurobindo Society, Puducherry
Last date of Registration: April 30, 2019
For details visit: http://aurosociety.bmeurl.co/89BB2A4
For direct registration: https://goo.gl/forms/AzGz2PGM8eleCuUH2
All correspondence should to be addressed to:
Dr. Sampadananda Mishra
Director, SAFIC, Sri Aurobindo Society
No. 11, St. Martin Street
Puducherry – 605001 India
Landline: 0413-2336396, 4209612
Email: [email protected]