“The dominant note in the Indian mind, the temperament that has been at the foundation of all its culture and originated and supported the greater part of its philosophy, religion, art and life has been…spiritual intuitive and psychic; but this fundamental tendency has not excluded but rather powerfully supported a strong and rich intellectual, practical and vital activity.”
~ Sri Aurobindo
Inspired by the Govt. of India’s initiative to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Sri Aurobindo and 75 years of India’s Independence under its Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, Sri Aurobindo Society (SAS) with the support of Southern Regional Office, Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, is organising a one-day National Seminar on the theme –
“Experiencing the Spirit of India through Cultural and Heritage Tourism”
About the National Seminar
Sri Aurobindo has written voluminous works on various aspects of Indian culture and heritage. We believe it is possible to draw some key insights from there which can help educate and sensitize different stakeholders in tourism industry. This can help further the GoI’s on-going emphasis on promoting cultural and heritage tourism throughout India.
The seminar will bring together the main stakeholders of cultural and spiritual tourism development in Pondicherry, identify key areas of development and facilitate the setting up of a concrete action plan.
We aim to achieve the following through this seminar:
- Highlight the significance of Puducherry as an important cultural tourism destination.
- Educate and sensitize different stakeholders in tourism industry to the essential aspects of Indian Culture as highlighted by Sri Aurobindo.
- Sri Aurobindo has given a multi-dimensional interpretation of Indian Culture with all its depths, heights and vastness like none before. The seminar will present examples of how incorporating the vision of Sri Aurobindo and an exposure to Sri Aurobindo’s writings on Indian culture can make travel through India a more rewarding and fulfilling experience, and help people connect with the deeper spirit of India.
- Bring out key challenges that Puducherry faces in becoming a more attractive cultural tourist destination, and identify possible solutions to the above challenges.
- Provide necessary intellectual framework for Ministry of Tourism to create a representative body of stakeholders which can prepare a concrete action plan. This body can meet regularly to assist the MoT in the implementation of the plan and develop Puducherry as an ideal Spiritual and Cultural Tourism destination of India.
Our partners include: Pondicherry Tourism Development Corporation (PTDC) and Pondicherry University (Dept. of Tourism Studies)
Registration is mandatory to participate in the seminar.
Update: We have reached full capacity. So, we are not accepting any new registration.
For more details, please click here.
For more details, please contact Beloo Mehra
email: [email protected]