A team consisting of 15 members registered for the Signature Workshop on ‘The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People’. As a usual practice, the session began on 31 July 2020, by invoking the Mother and Vijay Bhai addressing the team.
Mr. Rajan Kaicker, the Executive Chairman & Managing Director, FranklinCovey India & South Asia is now serving the Mother in Pondicherry was the facilitator for this programme.
Many of the participants had very little expectations about the programme at the time of enrollment, but this turned out to be a life-time experience for all.
In this workshop, Mr. Rajan clearly explained the shift from being dependent on becoming independent and then reaching the level of interdependence. The programme brought in a belief in everyone that the best way to improve the organisation is to improve one own self and the best way to empower the organisation is to empower one own self.
Participants were very open and brought out the problems that they face in their personal and professional arenas. These problems were discussed out in the group. Either the same person or any from the team suggested easy and practical solutions for the problems discussed. This emphasised that if there is a paradigm shift, problems can be dealt with very easily without much stress.
The crux of the programme:
- People are inherently capable, aspire to greatness, and have the power to choose.
- Principles are timeless and universal and are the foundation for lasting effectiveness.
- Leadership is a choice, built inside out on a foundation of character.
- Great leaders unleash the collective talent and passion of people toward the right goal.
- Habits of effectiveness come only from the committed use of integrated processes and tools.
- Sustained superior performance requires the P/PC Balance (Production/Production Capability), a focus on achieving results and on building capability.
At the end of the second day, all felt a transformation in themselves and were sure to put in to practice the knowledge they have gained in this workshop.
The closing session had a feedback session, where everyone wanted such types of workshops to be organized regularly that would help the individual as well as the organization as a whole.
Vijay Bhai gave the closing remarks. The participants collected their certificates from the feet of the Executive President of Sri Aurobindo Society.