“A market-place of trivial thoughts and acts:
A life soon spent, a mind the body’s slave
Here seemed the brilliant crown of Nature’s work,
And tiny egos took the world as means
To sate awhile dwarf lusts and brief desires...”
Sri Aurobindo Centre for Advanced Research (SACAR) and NAMAH—The Journal of Integral Health are jointly organized ‘Living Within’ Study Camp on April 22–23, 2018, titled ‘Rising above the Commerce of Life’.
How can we live without dying at the same time? Unless we raise the level of our consciousness, there is a certainty of being swamped by the commerce of daily life, pondering on these issues and finding the right balance to go towards our collective future. This camp will help explore the ways of maintaining an inner poise amid the chaos of modern world.
How can we rise in consciousness when everything around is pulling us down? This is a highly relevant subject for today’s world. During this two-day workshop, various ways and means of staying centred in all circumstances and aspects of living were explored and discussed with the help of the nine speakers who led the proceedings. More than ever, we have to cling tenaciously to the Truth. With a mixture of styles and approaches, the workshop left everyone happy and determined to re-engage consciously once more amid the commerce of the modern world.
The following questions were addressed during the sessions of the Camp:
- Is it possible to live our Truth in modern society?
- What should be our attitude to social relations?
- How can the quality of our relationships be enhanced?
- How can we maintain equanimity amid the social chaos?
- How can stress empower our growth and progress?
- What happens when love becomes a trade?
- How can we keep our equilibrium in outer relations?
- What happens when we measure our happiness by outer success?
- Why is ego ultimately a cause of misery?
- Are we socially disempowered if the ego is absent?
- How can we install harmony inside?
- How do we invoke inner peace?
THE CAMP WAS OPEN TO ALL.