“The Upanishads are the supreme work of the Indian mind, and that it should be so, that the highest self-expression of its genius, its sublimest poetry, its greatest creation of the thought and word should be not a literary or poetical masterpiece of the ordinary kind, but a large flood of spiritual revelation of this direct and profound character, is a significant fact, evidence of a unique mentality and unusual turn of spirit.”—Sri Aurobindo
Sri Aurobindo Foundation for Indian Culture (SAFIC), an initiative of Sri Aurobindo Society, is organizing its annual SVADHYAYA workshop for facilitating the study of the Upanishads. The object of this workshop is not a scholastic or academic scrutiny of the theories of the scriptures, but to approach these for help, guidance and inner light. The aim is to distinguish the essential and living messages and insights, all that which humanity has to seize for its perfection and its highest spiritual welfare; to seek the living truth that these scriptures contain; and to extract all the values and wisdom that can help the participants and the world at large.
This four-day intensive workshop on the Upanishads will help genuine aspirants enter into the spirit of these scriptures and live the truths expounded therein. The workshop will be facilitated by Dr Sampadananda Mishra, Director, SAFIC.
The objectives of the workshop are as follows:
• To help in self-awareness and understand the higher meaning of life.
• To explain the meaning of true spirituality and the spiritual genius of India.
• To help understand the nature of intuitive poetry.
• To explain the power of expression.
• To help understanding the contents of spiritual education, relation between teacher and the student, and ways and means of delivering the contents of education.
• To help knowing and realizing one’s higher nature.
• To explain the true meaning of spirituality and uniqueness of Indian spirituality.
The last day of registration: September 20, 2017.