A 16-hour Training programme on Palliative Care for volunteers was conducted between 10th and 11th January 2022 at Board Room, Sri Aurobindo Society, Pondicherry. There were 20 female participants from Karaiyamputhur village who participated in the training programme. These participants were selected based on their active participation and willingness from the previous 3-hour Sensitization Programme on Palliative Care.
The role of volunteers were emphasized in the programme,
- To identify palliative care patients
- To communicate compassionately with the patients
- To assist with Sanjeevan medical officers and community nurses
- Local resources for palliative care patients
- Physical problems of the patients
- Psycho-socio-economical and spiritual issues and needs of the palliative care patients
- Volunteer and Nursing care
- Group formation activity
- Future activities and follow-up
The participants were given a workbook and were explained the ways to use the workbook. Members of Sanjeevan team actively participated and facilitated the 2-day programme.