On this auspicious occasion of the 150th Birth Anniversary of Sri Aurobindo (15 August 2022) and the 75th year of India’s Independence, the Sri Aurobindo Society published five pamphlets from the writings of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother.
- Hymn to Durga: Sri Aurobindo wrote this Durga Stotra for the Bengali journal titled Dharma, issue no. 9, dated October 1909. An English translation by him is presented here. In addition to expressing our prayer to Mother Durga, the Mother that presides over the destiny of India and protects us all, our Mother India, by connecting to the Conscious and Living Force that is in these Eternal Words of Sri Aurobindo, we also pay a homage to the rich artistic heritage of India – past and present.
- Five Dreams of Sri Aurobindo: In response to a request from All India Radio, Sri Aurobindo gave a message to mark 15 August 1947, the day of India’s independence. This message to his countrymen spoke of five dreams that he had worked for and which he now saw on the way to fulfilment. The realisation of these dreams would mark the beginning of a new age, not only for India but for the entire world, “for the political, social, cultural and spiritual future of humanity.”
- Sri Aurobindo on India: This is a collection of excerpts from Sri Aurobindo’s writings on Bharat Mata, national resurgence, Indian heritage, spiritual nationalism, and the Indian renaissance.
- Introducing Sri Aurobindo: This is a humble attempt to provide a biographical outline presenting the historical facts of Sri Aurobindo’s outer life and introducing the readers to his spiritual journey, integral vision for humanity, extraordinary philosophy and writings.
- The Divine Is with You: This includes the Mother’s writing on Divine Grace and Shri Navajata’s words from Half an Hour with the Divine guiding the seekers towards the path of communicating with the Divine.
We hope you enjoy reading these timeless insights from the writing of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother.