Sri Aurobindo Foundation for Indian Culture (SAFIC) announces its second-level Sanskrit Intensive Course to be held in Puducherry from May 20 to 26, 2018. The course is open to all those who have already attended the Level 1 of SPANDANA and all those who have a background of Sanskrit and would like to widen their understanding.
The course will have the following sessions:
1. Spoken Sanskrit: Daily one session of 1.5 hours each for six days.
2. Introduction to the Basics of Sanskrit Grammar: Four sessions of 1.5 hours each.
3. Chanting and Singing of Sanskrit Mantras, Shlokas and Songs: Daily one session of 1 hour for five days.
4. Storytelling, Dialogues and Nursery Rhymes: Two sessions of 1.5 hours each.
5. Introduction to Sanskrit Chandas or Metres: One session of 1.5 hours.
6. Activities: Three sessions of 1.5 hours each.
7. Introduction to the Treasure Troves of Sanskrit: Five sessions are dedicated to introduce the Vedas, Upanishads, Ramayana and Mahabharata, Kalidasa, Bhartrihari and other classical poets, and Panini, the architect of Sanskrit grammar.
8. Subhashitas: This session aims at explaining the nature of Subhashitas, the history of Subhashita literature, the teachings contained in the Subhashitas, and examples from various Subhashita literature.
9. Sanskrit Development Scenario: This session will make the participants familiar with the Sanskrit development scenario.
10. In addition to the aforementioned sessions there will be one or two presentations on Sanskrit and Ashtavadhanam or eight-fold concentration; a few other sessions in which the participants will have fun playing a few games in Sanskrit, coming in contact with many other beautiful facets of Sanskrit and so on.
For complete details please follow the link:
All correspondence should to be addressed to: http://aurosociety.bmeurl.co/79EF5CC
Dr. Sampadananda Mishra
Director, SAFIC, Sri Aurobindo Society
No. 11, St. Martin Street
Puducherry – 605001 India
Landline: 0413-2336396, 4209612